Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rest

Everyone needs rest.  I am not talking about rest after a workout or everyday sleep.  I am talking about giving your mind time to rest and not overwhelm itself.  In the last week of so, I have gotten the best rest I have had in over a year.  My mind and thankfully my body seem to be decompressing all of the things that have gone on since September 2010.  I have been so busy doing things that I haven't been able (or allowed myself) to process the life events when they were happening.  Now dad is in Florida for a few weeks, the holidays are over, work is somewhat calm, my mind seems to slowing down - in a good way! - and allowing me to relax. Hoping this trend continues...

And remember if you run into someone and want to ask how someone in their family is doing, make sure to ask how they are doing too.  I know people mean well, but when all they do is ask how your family member is and never ask how you are doing, it is draining.  So I ask you - how are YOU doing?

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting by, but this next year and a half is not going to be pleasant.

    How YOU doin'? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will survive my friend - think of the reward at the end of that year & a half :) I am getting back in the swing of normal life too - thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete