Monday, April 1, 2013

10,000 steps a day!

I signed up for another challenge at the gym (is it any wonder I don't seem to have time for much else?) For the next 10 days (April 1-10) my goal is to reach at least 10,000 steps a day.  I have this handy tracker called a Fitbit.  It tracks my steps, mileage, stairs, calories & sleep (assuming I remember to put it on my wrist at night!)  Slip it in my pocket in the morning & I am off.  I tend to sit most of the day at the office - today I only had 3000 steps covered by 5:30 when I left to head to the gym.  So off I went to Lifetime to hit the treadmill.  Ran almost 3-1/2 miles to reach my goal of 10,000.  I felt good, but know the next 10 days will be a challenge to hit it everyday, so I cooled down & headed home.  Tomorrow morning is the "try it tuesday" class for the 90-day challenge - bar bell strength.  I am going to that class at 7am & then will be back to the gym for run club at 7 tomorrow night.  Hope I have the energy to run tomorrow night!  

Last week or so my right knee has been bothering me when I walk (and run down hill).  This afternoon, my right knee finally felt fine & my left knee was bugging me.  I think my brain is playing tricks on me!  It feels good when I run on flat surfaces, but when I slow down, my knee wants to rebel & have the knee cap slide right off.  Guessing I need to strengthen up the old legs (or so the running sites suggest).  Will keep an eye on it for now & not try to do to over do it.  

Hope you had a Happy Easter!  Beautiful weather is heading our way - get outside & enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment