Join me as I try to carve out some time for myself in these hectic days: a little bit of fitness, a little bit of the things that matter to me, and hopefully a few laughs & a little less stress!
Saturday, August 2, 2014
Who is that in the mirror?
It's been a while (if ever) that I have looked in the mirror & really liked what I saw looking back at me. I tend to see the grey hair, wrinkles, larger size... Yesterday after work, I went to the mall & ended up at my favorite store, Athleta. The selection is great & the staff is awesome. Since I have been losing weight, I have no idea what size I am, so I tend to rely on their help a lot. I wandered around the store & kept going back to the dresses. I finally grabbed one off the rack & said what the heck, worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't fit or it looks like shit. I leave all my shopping decisions in the hands of the staff. If they tell me it looks good, I get it. Long shopping story short, I ended up getting the dress & a skirt. If you know anything about me, I don't dress up at all. I have dresses but they were all purchased for weddings or funerals & they don't even fit anymore because of the weight I have lost. Before I went to bed, I decided to try on the clothes again to see if they looked as good as they did in the store. When I looked in the mirror, I saw a different person. For the first time in a long, long time (or possibly ever - seriously), I said that I liked what I saw. I didn't see any flaws - I just saw myself & I liked it. I don't recall ever having that reaction. It was such a simple thought, but to me it was one I never had about myself. Hoping I still have that reaction when I put it on next week! And yes, once I wear the dress & the skirt, I will get someone to take pictures & I will post it - I promise :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment