Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Project Race Weight - my go to meal

Fail to plan, plan to fail is one of my favorite sayings I have learned in my training and it applies to everything in life. I found that out last week when I failed to prepare the kitchen for me to have healthy meals. Another great one I learned last week was the 7 Ps - prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance. Makes me chuckle, but I remember it. So this past weekend after my swim, I went directly to the grocery store. I knew I had a lot going on, so I made food a priority. I picked up veggies, avocados, apples, bananas, eggs & a rotisserie chicken. I like the chickens because I don't have to think about the protein - it's ready to eat & will provide enough for a few lunches (no excuses!) My favorite frozen item is from Trader Joe's, They have this great mushroom blend. I bought them on a whim & now can't live without them. I am a huge mushroom fan and there are times when the fresh ones go to waste. Now all I need to do it toss a few in a pan & saute them. Before you know it, they are ready to go. I make a lot of eggs for dinner (single person eating!) and the mushrooms make a great addition along with whatever fresh veggies I have on hand.

When I got home from work today, I was exhausted. I was up early to swim & when I got home, I almost passed out on the bed. Since I was starving, I forced myself to get up to make some dinner instead of going to sleep at 6 because I would probably wake up at 2am! Opened up the refrigerator
and looked around. I spied the beautiful peppers and fresh mushrooms (for a change) and pulled them out. I grabbed the eggs because they are quick & I needed a protein. The peppers & mushrooms went in the pan with a little garlic and smelled great. As I snacked on some pepper slices, I had a craving for broccoli. So I grabbed some & tossed it in the pan. While that cooked, I threw the eggs in a pan and scrambled them up. I grabbed an avocado and put half on the plate with the eggs & added the veggies. It was so simple and delicious. I love the ease of cooking eggs for dinner. There isn't much work and they are so versatile. I probably eat them 2-3 times a week for dinner because they are so quick.

Remember fail to plan, plan to fail. Make sure you stock your kitchen with smart choices so you can prepare something healthy & quick, Give yourself every opportunity to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment