Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours. It is lovely to have the day off & be able to go eat a huge meal with family and friends, but I would enjoy it more if was feeling 100%. Tuesday I stated feeling a little off and it has continued through today - stuffy ears, sore throat, hurts to swallow. Thankfully this isn't a normal occurrence for me. I usually feel off for about 6 hours, drink some OJ & am back to normal the next day. The good news is I don't have a fever :) I have to be careful with how I am feeling because I am supposed to eat with the family today & can't be sick around my mom (and wouldn't want to get anyone else sick either). She is recovering from surgery she had in early October to remove some tumors. Next week, she is scheduled to get a port, then starts chemo. The last thing she needs is for someone around her to be sick. So, depending on how I feel in a a few hours, I may just drop off the green beans for everyone & head on back to the house.
So, are you thankful for anything? The list for me is unending! My family & friends, my health, my job, my faith. I hope all of you have a happy Thanksgiving with family & friends. May you not get too caught up in the materialism of the upcoming holiday season & be able to sit back & enjoy it. Then try to figure out a way to make those feelings last all year round!
Cheers
Hey girl,
ReplyDeleteI'm SO SORRY to hear about your mom! :( I hope she felt well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving. It certainly makes you grateful for every little thing. I am so with you on the not materializing the holidays, I'm so over all the crap commercials on tv- ugh! We are really trying to downsize the gift portion of Christmas with our kids. I would like nothing better than to just go away on vacation until the hype is over. The pressure to make it bigger and better every year just zaps the fun right out of it for me. Anyway, wise words my friend! :)
Hope you're feeling better, I always dread the "hurts to swallow" sore throat - they are the worst!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, I'm praying for your momma! Oh and I may throw in a request for motivation for myself...lol! Hope your training is going better than mine!
kathy
Thanks for the note Kathy! gym is closed this week (so sad - not!) for renovations, so I get a week off :) I will get back to this blog thing by the end of the week I hope. My mom is in the hospital (went Saturday night) - turns out she has a blockage in her colon or small bowel, so they are trying to get that resolved. Doctor told her this was a heck of a way to get out of starting chemo this week. But she is in good spirits & that is what counts!
ReplyDeleteRemember that our memories of Christmas are not about the gift (well most of the time) - they are about the time spent with famliy & friends - try explaining that one to your little guy :) I love the idea of a trip too, my friends do that.