Quick visual of the three tests we did in performance cycle. The first FTP test was week 1, second was at 6 weeks & the third at the end of the 12 weeks. My watts increased each time, so did my avg heart rate.
Week one: avg watts 191
Week 6: avg watts 222
Week 12 avg watts 242
Main difference with last one is that for the 20 minutes, I started with an average of 240 watts & kept it there for the entire 20 minutes with a little push to get it to 242 for an average. Super happy I stuck with it for the entire 12 weeks.
Bike update: Tested out 4 different bikes this weekend & I think I have it narrowed down to two - Trek Madone & Trek Domane. Need to test them both again & see which one it is going to be. Can't wait to get my bike & head outside!
Indoor tri is on Sunday & then I am going to start running a bit more. Cherry Blossom 10 miler is 2-1/2 weeks away & the MCM 17.75k is just 6 days after that. Time to lace up the running shoes!



No comments:
Post a Comment